TGIF!!! Hope you had a week! Let’s get right to it.
Five things I ate:
1. Vegan and Gluten Free Granola Bars via Fannetastic Food! I had one every day this week with my salad for lunch. Yum!
2. Brad’s Raw Onion Rings. Gosh, it makes for a great snack-y item in the evening.
3. Egg and bacon panini sammy from Corner Bakery. It was the perfect dinner to end the week!
4. Salads on salads on salads… My lunch usually consists of some type of leafy green, olive oil and vinegar, avocado, tomato, peppers, broccoli, onions, grilled chicken, nuts, and/or dried fruit.
5. Blueberry oatmeal bake. I mix one banana, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, dash of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of almond milk. I topped it with a scoop of almond butter. It was pretty delicious and it made the kitchen smell like blueberry muffins. Can’t beat that! Sorry, no picture. It just didn’t look very pretty this morning, but it sure did taste good!
1. Arm workouts from the strength training program I detailed in my previous post.
2. 30-40 minute walks on my lunch break. They have been getting shorter lately because of the FREEZING cold weather!
3. A 45-minute run at a 10-minute pace so that I could listen to some podcasts. Still debating what I think about different running distances and what is best for health. If you missed my running debate, check it out here.
4. Legs and abs workout from the strength training program.
The workout: HIIT intervals with 30-minute steady pace. The first 15 minutes is a mix of 15 second sprint/45 second recovery (x15). Then I jog it out for the following 30 minutes.
Five things making me happy:
1. This view on the way home from work. Silver lining to driving home in the dark=Christmas lights.
2. The latest issue of Self. Can’t wait to chill out and read it this weekend.
3. Modern Family. The writers for that show are so clever. It’s my ultimate veg-out time. I used to be a HIMYM fan, but I have switched to Mod Fam. Ted Mosby will always have my heart though. 🙂
4. Cute little pink Christmas trees.
5. The Christmas season. I have always loved this time of year and I truly savor all things related to the holidays. I’ve always been super into it. I would go outside and try to put more lights on our house when I was younger… and blew a fuse. Yeah, I was THAT into the spirit. Point being, Christmas is my jam.
Happy weekend! 🙂