Five things I ate:
3. Egg and chicken apple sausage panini sammy from Corner Bakery. I’ve tried the bacon and avocado varieties as well, but I have to say that the chicken apple sausage one won my heart.
4. Chocolate cookies with peppermint kisses in the middle. Yeah, it’s amazing. I didn’t get a picture, but I found one that shows off the beauty of this delicacy.
5. Pumpkin breakfast thing. I mixed 1 mashed banana, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 2 eggs, and a couple teaspoons of cinnamon together and microwaved 3-5 minutes thing morning. It wasn’t too shabby! It kept me full throughout my busy morning, so it does the trick! It’s going to remain unpictured because it wasn’t very pretty. 🙂
1. Arm workouts from the strength training program I detailed in my previous post.
2. 30-40 minute walks on my lunch break. I love being able to get fresh air and move around midday. I am so much more focused when I get back to work!
3. One 40ish minute slow-pace run to listen to podcasts. The HIIT workouts really make me appreciate the chill runs.
4. Legs and abs workout from the strength training program.
5. The same HIIT workout I’ve talked about it previous posts. I’ve switched to working out after work. It’s hard to get really motivated after a long day of work, but I decided that I go to bed way too late to be able to do morning workouts. I like staying up late to get things done and wind down, so early bedtimes aren’t in the cards for me. I was digging into my precious sleep to work out and it was making me tired and cranky. This is working much better!
The workout: HIIT intervals with 30-minute steady pace. The first 15 minutes is a mix of 15 second sprint/45 second recovery (x15). Then I jog it out for the following 30 minutes.
Five things making me happy:
1. My Christmas cookie candle.
2. One Direction’s new album. Yes, I like their music. Yes, I might be going to their concert next year with a friend. Ha! I’ve always loved boy bands. I remember being obsessed with Backstreet Boys back in the day. My music taste is eclectic in every sense of the word.
4. My time during the weekend to read my favorite blogs/news websites. I’m loving StuffGradsLike right now!
5. My family. I couldn’t ask for a better support system and I appreciate them more than they will ever know.
Have a great start to your weekend!